Treks and Trails
Treks & Trails
idGuides invites beginner hikers to advanced trail runners. Our Easy Escape Jakarta Community Trails provide a great experience for everyone. There is no deep wet or technical river crossings, scrambling, ropework or climbing required.
Trails follow paths well-travelled by farmers leading to their padi fields, coffee and clove gardens. Difficulty varies depending on trail category you select. All trails are slippery when wet (especially concrete / stone trails). Trails are not purpose-built for tourism but developed from years of use by farmers. Trekking in Sentul can be easy in dry conditions along Family Walks trails, but Half Day / Full Day All-Terrain & Highland Trails require good balance, footwork, proper trek shoes and realistic assessment of personal capacity. We close EEJ each rainy season to avoid the wettest and most slippery time of year (Jan 1 – Feb 28).
Discounts on offer:Children : Ages 0-3 free. For Groups (15–30 people) depending on requirements.
idGuides Community Trail Guide, Jakarta Base Support, Tea & Coffee, Village access permit and parking, idGuides Connect revenue-share contribution.
If you require idGuides International Expedition Leaders and English-speaking National Leaders, these can be booked in advance to lead your trip, for an additional fee. Ask for details.
Only 90min from JakartaMeeting Point Sentul City, GIANT Exit 37 (km 36) Jagorawi Toll Park outside Giant on left verge. Our Community Trail Guide (blue T-shirt) will find you there.,
- Take Jagorawi toll road: direction Bogor / South.
- Exit 37 Sentul City (km 36)
- After passing through Sentul City tollgate, turn left/east at junction.
- At roundabout, go straight through.
- Continue ca. 500m, and Stop at GIANT Mall.
- Park outside the parking entrance gate on left verge.
- An idGuides Community Trail Guide will meet you in front of GIANT.
- He will be dressed in a blue idGuides T-shirt and have your registration